Canon R6:FIRST LOOK
For the everyday shooter with high demands, the Canon R6 is a versatile tool to meet the photo and video requirements of a contemporary imaging workflow. This full-frame mirrorless camera revolves around a refined 20MP CMOS sensor and DIGIC X processor, which afford quick shooting up to 12 fps, apt 4K60 video recording, and wide-ranging sensitivity to ISO 102400. It also sports 5-axis in-body image stabilization to help steady shots when working in low-light conditions.
As a do-everything, highly versatile camera, the R6 also employs the sensor and processor for robust focusing performance. Dual Pixel CMOS AF offers quick, smooth, and intelligent focusing using 1053 selectable points that cover the entire field of view. This focusing system has also been updated to make use of Deep Learning technology for improved subject tracking as well as precise eye, face, and head-detection for both people and animals.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the R6 sports a bright and detailed 0.5″ 3.69m-dot electronic viewfinder, with a high 120 fps refresh rate, and a rear 3.0″ 1.62m-dot touchscreen LCD with a vari-angle design to accommodate vlogging needs as well as benefit working from high and low angles. Additionally, dual SD UHS-II memory card slots offer flexible storage and there is, of course, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi for wireless sharing and remote camera control.
Canon R6 20MP Full-Frame Sensor and DIGIC X Processor
4K60 and Full HD 120 Video Recording
Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
An updated Dual Pixel CMOS AF II features 1053 selectable focusing points, which cover approximately 100% of the image frame for wide and even coverage. This focusing system offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system’s ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
Subject tracking has also been benefitted through the use of Deep Learning technology, which helps to gradually refine the focusing system’s ability to quickly and accurately recognize both people and animal subjects. This technology also supports the more refined eye, face, and head detection functions, for both people and animals, that are well-suited for portraiture applications.
Canon R6 Sensor-Shift Image Stabilizer
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- High-resolution 3.69m-dot 0.5″ electronic viewfinder provides a bright and detailed means for eye-level viewing and the quick 120 fps refresh rate offers natural motion rendering for a more realistic viewfinder experience.
- Rear 3.0″ 1.62m-dot LCD touchscreen features a vari-angle design that benefits front-facing recording, such as for vlogging needs, as well as working from high and low shooting angles.
- Dual SD UHS-II memory card slots are featured for flexible storage needs.
- Both a 3.5mm headphone and a 3.5mm external microphone port are featured for improved audio monitoring and recording capabilities.
- Refined body design incorporates four distinct control dials across the body for intuitive tactile control and a joystick controller is used on the back of the camera for fast and intuitive focus point selection and menu navigation.
- The durable, weather-sealed body design is built to handle tough working conditions and inclement weather.
- 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi is available for fast file transferring to a mobile device and Bluetooth is present to provide constant device connected via the Canon Camera Connect app.