26.0MP Exmor R CMOS Sensor and BIONZ XR Processor
Cinematic Video in UHD 4K
- Full pixel readout from the 6K sensor creates high-quality UHD 4K video, with approximately 2.4x the data required for 4K video, minimizing moiré and aliasing.
- UHD 4K recording is possible with frame rates up to 120p and full HD recording up to 240p, using full 1:1 pixel readout without binning.
- Record in 10-bit 4:2:2 using advanced XAVC HS and XAVC S-I formats for consistent performance and quality at bitrates up to 600 Mb/s.
- Record for more than two hours in 4K 30p, or more than 40 minutes at 4K 60p on a 128GB card.
- Slow & Quick (S&Q) mode allows shooters to capture 4K video at specified steps between 1-120 fps and Full HD between 1-240 fps, depending on the format. These settings will allow you to slow down action as well as speed up a slow-moving scene.
- S-Cinetone can be used to deliver distinct colors and healthy-looking skin tone rendering that is based on technology from the professional Cinema Line cameras, such as the VENICE. This color profile offers natural mid-tones, soft colors, and especially well-controlled highlights.
- The S-Log3 and S-Gamut3.Cine Gamma Curves allow for more than 14 stops of dynamic range and for increased post-production flexibility, including matching video from other Sony Cinema Line cameras.
- Creative Looks can be baked into the recorded footage to create a specific mood during recording and minimize the need for editing.
- User-created LUTs and presets can be set for accurately monitoring footage or previewing a specific look during shooting and can be applied to the camera’s monitor, EVF, or HDMI output.
- The camera supports instant time-lapse settings with framerate, recording, light, and interval customization.
AI-Powered Autofocus and Image Stabilization
- The introduction of a front command dial puts an added level of control and speed at the tip of your forefinger and ensures that you won’t be all thumbs at the moment of peak action.
- Use the camera’s USB output function with UVC/UAC control via a computer for streaming applications and broadcasts with 4K video at 15 or 30 fps or full HD at 30 or 60 fps.
- Built-in 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi allows communication on the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites.
- The camera can connect to the Creators’ Cloud central cloud platform using the Creators app for sharing and storing media, editing in the cloud, and collaboration tools. The phone can also be used as a camera remote and to monitor battery power and storage levels.
- Integrated 3.5mm headphone and microphone ports afford greater control over audio during video recording. The Multi-Interface Shoe also functions as a digital audio interface.
- The XGA Tru-Finder 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder offers a bright, high-resolution, 1.07x magnification means for eye-level monitoring and sports and a dedicated 120 fps mode for smoother viewing when tracking moving subjects.
- The side-opening, vari-angle 3.0″ 1.03m-dot LCD touchscreen works from high, low, and front-facing angles.
- Accepts the high-capacity Z battery rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which provides approximately 570 stills/120 minutes of video recording per charge when using the LCD screen.
- In addition to the battery, the a6700 can also be powered via a USB connection to a computer or mobile battery. This connection can also be used to charge the battery.
- Robust magnesium alloy body offers a durable profile and incorporates dust and moisture seals to protect against harsh environments.
- A new grip design enhances handling and stability for long shooting sessions and facilitates access to the main control buttons and dials.