Excelling in portraiture, the Nikon AF DC-NIKKOR 105mm f/2D is a unique short telephoto prime characterized by its bright design and unique Defocus Image Control. The DC feature allows you to control the degree and placement of blur in an image, with the ability to make subjects stand out from the background or blur the foreground. The fast f/2 maximum aperture also contributes to depth of field control as well as benefits working in low-light conditions. Benefitting image quality, individual elements feature a Super Integrated Coating that controls flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color fidelity when working in bright and backlit conditions. Additionally, a rear focusing system promotes faster, more responsive focusing performance and maintains the overall lens length during use.
- Prime telephoto lens is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 157.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/2 maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for isolating subjects and using selective focus techniques.
- Unique Defocus Image Control system allows you to control the degree and placement of soft focus in the image; by turning the DC ring, you can blur either the foreground or the background or produce an overall soft-focus effect.
- A Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A rear focusing design is also used, where only the rear lens group is moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster-focusing speeds.
This system is compatible with select Nikon DSLRs that support D-type lenses. Autofocus is not supported by DSLRs lacking an autofocus motor, such as the D3000-series, D5000-series, D40, D40X, and D60, where the lens may be used with manual focus only.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out o