- The AF Nikkor 14mm f/2.8D ED provides an excellent zoom range, from 14 to 24 mm, equivalent to a viewing angle of 84º to 114º. It is compatible with a modern APS-C DSLR (Nikon D200) camera, where the AF 14mm f/2.8 has a field-of-view equivalent to 21mm on standard full-format cameras.
- The lens offers high brightness through a constant aperture of f/2.8 at all focal lengths. With that maximum aperture, the model is ideal for night shots and in places with low light.
- The aesthetic quality of the blur produced in out-of-focus parts of an image is not essential here. With such wide angles, everything is usually in focus. It should be noted that it’s a reasonably polished feature due to a rounded 9-blade diaphragm feature.
- The AF Nikkor 14mm f/2.8D ED lens also has a built-in SWM (Silent Wave Motor) autofocus motor, providing precision and speed. Another of its virtues lies in its silent operation, which makes it a suitable lens for recording videos.
- The minimum distance it focuses is 28cm, within a focal length of 18 to 24 mm. The maximum magnification factor, meanwhile, is 1/6.7.
- The graphic quality of the lens is excellent. The optic consists of 14 elements in 11 groups, and this composition consists of three aspherical lenses and two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lenses. The lens provides high contrast. It also dramatically reduces flare and ghosting by increasing transmission and sharpness due to a Nano Crystal Coat.
There are no reviews yet.